New Money-Saving Lakeview Home
North Odessa Area – Tampa Florida
Save 6-9 years of mortgage payments while living in luxury
2,464 SF, 4 bed /bonus room, 2 ½ baths, great room, kitchen, with $114,000 worth of upgrades and a 2 car garage, all overlooking a beautiful lake. Included is also an outdoor patio with fire pit surrounded by lush landscaping.
Set in a community that includes a community fitness and recreation center, parks, playgrounds, trails and shade trees, this home is close to the Mitchel Ranch Outdoor Mall, Veterans Expressway, and is also zoned for top rated schools.
At a low price of only $399,000, this move-in ready home includes all of the below features while the same home is currently under construction and priced at $299,000 plus optional upgrades
Scroll down to see what this beautiful home has to offer and how it can save you enough money to pay a 30-year mortgage off 6-9years early.
First, let’s take a look at the “wow” features
- 5 ¼ ‘ baseboards and 2 ½ ‘ casing
- Orange peel-finish on all interior walls
- Kwikset satin chrome finish interior door hardware Brand info
- SONOS wireless sound system More
- Savoy ceiling fans Brand info
- Double vanity in master bath
- Full width, ceiling height bathroom vanity mirrors
- Designer Moen Faucets Brand info
- Bushnell nickel light features
- LG HI-MACS Solid surface countertops with under-mounted sinks Brand info
- Tiled shower pan
- 17” Ceramic tile floors in kitchen and bathrooms
- 42” Wellborn cabinets Brand info
- Granite countertops with matching backsplash
- Recessed LED can lighting
- Whirlpool gas range Brand info
- Whirlpool ENERGY STAR microwave vented to the exterior
- Whirlpool ENERGY STAR tall tub dishwasher
- 50/50 under mount stainless steel sink with disposal
- LG HI-MACS Solid surface countertops
- Tempered safety glass doors and windows
- Screens on all operable windows
- Savoy Dakota luxury light fixtures Brand info
- Shaw stain resistant carpeting in bedrooms and closets Brand info
- Spacious walk-in closets with warp resistant superior shelving
- Professionally designed landscape package with $13,000 worth of upgrades
- Outdoor patio with pergola and fire pit overlooking a lake
- Stunning, Therma-Tru fiberglass front door
Outer Home Shell Money-Saving Features
- Maintaining indoor temperatures means that air-conditioner will work 50% – 70% less, which can save you hundreds of dollars in electricity and mechanical maintenance costs every year.
- Complete Thermal Enclosure System – Comprehensive air duct sealing, properly installed superior insulation, and high–performance windows work together to enhance comfort, improve durability, reduce maintenance costs, and lower monthly utility bills.
- Polucell foam sealant – around the doors and windows
- Tight Construction – Special framing techniques such as continuous air barrier and air sealing of penetrations help reduce internal leaks and drafts.
- Improved Thermal Systems – Enhanced insulation techniques help to minimize voids and gaps, and higher thermal properties (R-value) add to energy efficiency
- Testing Protocol – Program testing requirements for air tightness, duct tightness, and pressure balancing
Thermal Windows – High Performance , dual pane, vinyl framed, and low E3 to prevent seasonal heat gain and loss More
- R30 insulation in all ceilings – to keep home and air ducts cool to reduce air-condition running times More
- Therma-tru insulated front entry door and garage doors – Completing the insulation shell of the entire home
- Radiant Barrier – a reflective material that radiates heat away from the attic, keeping it cooler and lowering air conditioner running times and costs
Energy Efficiency Money-Saving Features
- EPA Certified Energy Efficient – ENERGY STAR certified lighting, and appliances, to reduce energy consumption, while providing high–quality performance. See the features
- LED Lamps and Lighting – using only a fraction of standard lighting energy
- Energy Efficient Luxury Appliances – use 15% – 50% less energy than standard appliances More
- Rinnai Tankless gas water heater – significantly reducing the cost of water heating
Water Efficiency Money-Saving Features
- Low Flow Shower Heads and Faucet Aerators – to reduce water consumption and sewer costs by as much as 50% without compromising performance More
- Low Flow Dual Flush Toilets – to reduce water and sewer costs by 50% or more More
Heating and Cooling Money-Saving Features
- EPA Certified High-Efficiency Heating & Cooling System – engineered and installed to deliver more comfort, better moisture control, improved indoor air quality, and quieter operation. See the features
- Programmable Thermostat – to manage, conserve and reduce air conditioning run time and energy use
- Energy Star Ceiling Fans – to allow for higher thermostat settings and lower cooling and heating costs
- High Efficiency 15 SEER Heat Pump – for better dehumidification, lower running costs and energy savings and which uses Puron, a refrigerant that does not do as much damage to the environment More
- Right-Sized HVAC – “Right-sized” heating and cooling systems and sealed air ducts help equipment work efficiently. “Right-sized” refers to the process of determining which HVAC system should be used in any
- Sealed Air Ducts – prevents the loss of conditioned air to the attic, which improves efficiency
- Insulated & Graduated Overhead Air Distribution Duct System – for more efficient air delivery
- Maintenance Free Continuous Vent Soffits & Off Ridge Roof Vents – for attic ventilation and cooler air ducts
Home Energy Rating
- HERS Rating – Home Energy Rating System – Provides a 3rd party, standardized evaluation of a home’s energy efficiency and expected energy costs. A HERS Rating provides a relative energy use index called the HERS Index – On this index a score of 100 represents the energy use of a standard home and a score of 0 (zero) indicates a Zero Energy home. More …
- This home has an Environments for Living Gold Certification which requires a HERS score of 52. This means normal monthly energy usage should cost approximately $100. It also means that the home is so energy efficient that it only needs to generate a small amount of its own energy via a PV solar electric system to reduce its utility consumption to zero.
Estimated Money Savings Without Solar
An optional PV solar electric system can be added to the purchase financing, thereby spreading its cost over the term of the loan, usually 30 years.
- Solar Electric System – Free electricity from the sun. Because of its energy efficiency features and construction, the home only needs to generate a small amount of its own energy in order to eliminate the remaining electric demand More
- Choices – Depending on occupant home feature choices and expected lifestyle, the Solar Electric System will produce 3KW and 5KW of free electricity from the sun.
- Net Meter – Included will be a Net Meter, which turns backward during the day while the home produces more energy than it is using. Surplus energy is sold to the utility company. The net result is an annual zero energy bill. More
Estimated Money Savings with a 5 KW Solar System
The above does NOT include the below
ADDITIONAL money savings:
- Water Efficiency – Reduced water usage means water, sewer, water heating and heater maintenance savings of as much as 30% More
- Reduced Repainting Frequency – savings due to the home being painted with Sherwin Williams Flex Lox longer-lasting exterior paint More
- Reduced Insurance Costs – due to superior, hurricane resistant construction More
- Maintenance free pest prevention – Taexx whole house, built -in system More
- Fracture-free membrane – to prevent floor tile cracking
- Greater Structural Durability – concrete block construction
- Reduced Maintenance Costs – a 30 year warranted dimensional shingle roof
- Structural Protection – Sentricon always-active termite protection with $1 million warranty More
- Reduced Maintenance Costs – acrylic external decking
- Reduced Maintenance Costs – a 10-Year Structural Warranty
- Higher Resale Values – all of the above contribute towards reselling a better quality home at a higher price More
- Solar Tax Credits – A potential 30% solar tax credit for qualifying home buyers – to be confirmed with own tax professional More
Total Money Savings Estimate
(Excluding maintenance and potential tax credits)
Results when $260 savings are added to home purchase loan monthly payments:
The above information is for illustrative purposes only and is not guaranteed to be accurate. No one can accurately predict a home’s future energy consumption irrespective of whatever energy improvements are made because no one can predict how the occupants of the home or their friends or visitors will use, manage, conserve, or waste the energy after the improvements have been made. The HERS rating quoted above is the average of the same models built by the builder in the same community. The actual HERS score will be confirmed after closing. Also, we are not tax or accounting professionals. You should consult your own professionals before making decisions about buying real estate.
Indoor Air Quality Features
Keeping occupants comfortable and healthy
- Limited Comfort Guarantee – Relates to your ability to maintain an even temperature through your house
- Whole-house Ventilation System – to constantly introduce fresh, filtered air throughout the home to reduce air-borne particles, dust and toxins More
- Carbon Di Oxide detectors – to protect occupants from deadly toxins
- Toxin Free Carpets – Shaw, low VOC carpeting, certified by the Carpet and Rug Institute More
- Effective Envelope Sealing – Drastically reduces air infiltration resulting in less dust pollen and other pollutants coming in from the outside while providing and maintaining comfort and even lower energy usage More
- Screens On All Operable Windows – to keep bugs and mosquitoes out
- Fresh air ventilation system – to constantly introduce fresh, filtered air throughout the home to reduce air-borne particles and toxins More
- Exhaust Fans in Kitchen and Bathrooms – vented to the outside to prevent mold growth
Ensuring Florida carefree living
- Professionally engineered roof trusses – with hurricane connectors
- Off Ridge Vents For Attic Venting – allows attic ventilation while preventing wind lift-off
- Hurricane shutters – custom made and easy to clip on
- Therma-tru doors – hurricane and fire resistant Brand info
- High Impact Windows and Glass – protects against hurricane winds, flying debris and broken glass More
- Combustion Safety – Combustion appliances in conditioned spaces are sealed or power-vented to help avoid build-up of carbon monoxide
- Water Protection System- An EPA certified comprehensive package of best building practices and materials protects roofs, walls, and foundations from water damage and helps ensure durability and prevent moisture-related indoor air quality problems. See the features
- Waterproof Material Layer Below Roof Shingles – for double protection from leaks
- Smoke Detectors – with battery backup for guaranteed operation
- Carbon Monoxide detectors – with battery backup for guaranteed operation
Other Green Features
This is what makes this home kind to you, and the environment
- Sustainable Cabinetry –FSC (Forestry Stewardship Council) Environmental certified wood with no added urea-formaldehyde More
- Sustainable Carpets – Green Label Plus certified by the Carpet and Rug Institute More (Hardwood) More carpeting)
- Fungus resistant roof – specially made dimensional asphalt shingles that include copper granules and titanium dioxide to resist mold growth – More
- Low E3 Window Technology – to reduce the transmission of damaging UV light that can cause furniture and fabrics to fade More
- Professional landscaping package – including plus $13,000 value upgrade
- Casual Indoor-Outdoor Lifestyle – with outside patio and fire pit
- Water Efficient Irrigation System – includes SmartSense technology to stop watering when it is raining, plus water efficient MP rotators More
- Low Flow Faucet Aerators and Shower Heads – WaterStar certified to reduce water and sewer bills and protect our resources More.
- Low Flush Toilets – also WaterStar certified to significantly reduce water usage More
- Taexx Pest Control System – a safe, whole house pest control system More
- Sentricon Termite Protection – a system to eliminate termites at the source More
Certifications and Saving Guarantee
- Energy Star Certified – Energy Star certified new homes are designed and built to deliver energy efficiency savings of up to 30 percent when compared to typical new homes.
- In addition, a new home that has earned the Energy Star label has undergone a process of inspections, testing, and verification to meet strict requirements set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), delivering better quality, better comfort, and better durability. Watch the video.
- Environments For Living – The Environments For Living program provides a rigorous set of requirements for home builders who’ve made a commitment to treat a home as a “system of systems” that work together, on comfort and heating/cooling energy use.
- Homes that meet their standards receive a limited energy use warranty.
Financing and Pricing
- Solar improvements can be financed using Purchase and Improve Financing. The way it works is that the seller is paid for the purchase of the home at closing, and the contractors after they have installed the solar, a few days later.
- At a low price of only $399,000, this move-in ready home includes all of the above features while the same home is currently under construction and priced at $299,000 plus optional upgrades. The solar option costs $14,000 before a 30% Federal tax credit for those who qualify.
- The Homeowners Association fee is $145 per month.
OUR SERVICES ARE FREE and we contribute $500 per transaction to our Switch to Green, Switch it Forward fund to install free solar panels on the homes of low-income Veteran families to help them to fight poverty.
Marius J Smook – Licensed Real Estate Eco-Broker, LEED AP for HOMES